Total Pageviews

Friday, July 7, 2017

Star Wars Shadow Box - July's DIY

I took my sons favorite toys and made a shadowbox to take with them when they moved out.
I purchased an 11 X 14 Shadow Box from Aaron Brothers.  Then rounded up a baggie full of Stars Wars legos from my sons old toy bin. I wanted to use the Star Wars Plastic badge pictured, but it was too big.
Next I removed the back of the shadowbox. It will already have a double mat, and a nice fabric cover to pin or glue items directly to it.  Also make sure you layout your design ahead of time. This will help you later when you start glueing.




Start hot glueing the backs of the heads directly to the fabric.
Note* Use a toothpick to lift off any dry glue strings that maybe left behind.





I wanted a title on the mat, so I googled a logo, printed that out, and used an Elmer's Glue Stick.
I attached the logo and title on the mat, and wiped it flat with a white paper towel to avoid finger prints and smudges.
Once you have attached the toys, and title, then replace the top of Shadow Box and Voila! You now have a very nice memory of days gone by. The Match Box shadow box below was done the same way, I just placed a seatbelt buckle for added interest.
I hope you enjoy your walk down memory lane when going through your kids old toys like I did!
See you in August!


1 comment:

  1. Finding out what Aaron Brothers' consumers like and hate is the primary goal of this survey. It will provide the business a better picture of the services they offer to customers. You are asked to participate in the www.yourvoiceaaronbrothers.com Survey if you have ever shopped at Aaron Brothers. Give your sincere, truthful opinion based on your most recent visit to the store when responding to the question.
    yourvoiceaaronbrothers

    ReplyDelete